It is granted to few to recognize the true Church amid the darkness of so many schisms and heresies,
and to fewer still so to love the truth which they have seen as to fly to its embrace. -St. Robert Bellarmine

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Divine Mercy Novena Day 6


"Today bring to Me
the meek and humble souls
and the souls of little children,
and immerse them in My mercy.
These souls most closely resemble My Heart.
They strengthened Me during My bitter agony.
I saw them as earthly Angels,
who will keep vigil at My altars.
I pour out upon them whole torrents of grace.
Only the humble soul
is capable of receiving My grace.
I favor humble souls with My confidence."


Most Merciful Jesus,
You yourself have said,
"Learn from Me
for I am meek and humble of heart."
Receive into the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart
all meek and humble souls
and the souls of little children.
These souls send all heaven into ecstasy
and they are the heavenly Father's favorites.
They are a sweet smelling bouquet
before the throne of God;
God Himself takes delight in their fragrance.
These souls have a permanent abode
in Your Most Compassionate Heart, O Jesus,
and they unceasingly sing out a hymn
of love and mercy.

Eternal Father,
turn Your merciful gaze upon meek souls,
upon humble souls,
and upon little children
who are enfolded in the abode
which is the Most Compassionate Heart of Jesus.
These souls bear the closest resemblance to Your Son.
Their fragrance rises from the earth
and reaches Your very throne.
Father of mercy and of all goodness,
I beg You by the love You bear these souls
and by the delight You take in them:
Bless the whole world,
that all souls together
may sing out the praises of Your mercy
for endless ages.

Amen.

In the end of Novena pray Divine Mercy Chaplet

Eternal Father, I offer You the most precious blood of thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said throughout the world today, for all the Holy Souls in Purgatory, for sinners everywhere, for sinners in the universal church, for those in my own home and in my family. Amen