It is granted to few to recognize the true Church amid the darkness of so many schisms and heresies,
and to fewer still so to love the truth which they have seen as to fly to its embrace. -St. Robert Bellarmine

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Divine Mercy Novena Day 5


"Today bring to Me
the souls of those who have separated themselves
from My Church,
and immerse them in the ocean of My mercy.
During My bitter Passion
they tore at My Body and Heart,
that is, My Church.
As they return to unity with the Church
My wounds heal
and in this way they alleviate My Passion."


Most Merciful Jesus,
Goodness itself,
You do not refuse light
to those who seek it of You.
Receive into the abode
of Your Most Compassionate Heart
the souls of those who have separated themselves
from Your Church.
Draw them by Your light
into the unity of the Church,
and do not let them escape
from the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart;
but bring it about that they, too,
come to glorify the generosity of Your mercy.

Eternal Father,
turn Your merciful gaze
upon the souls of those who have separated themselves
from Your Son's Church,
who have squandered Your blessings
and misused Your graces
by obstinately persisting in their errors.
Do not look upon their errors,
but upon the love of Your own Son
and upon His bitter Passion,
which He underwent for their sake,
since they, too,
are enclosed in His Most Compassionate Heart.
Bring it about that they also
may glorify Your great mercy for endless ages.

Amen.

In the end of Novena pray Chaplet of Divine Mercy

Eternal Father, I offer You the most precious blood of thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said throughout the world today, for all the Holy Souls in Purgatory, for sinners everywhere, for sinners in the universal church, for those in my own home and in my family. Amen